New templates of ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu get imported

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at
Thu Oct 15 21:44:42 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 22:23 +0200, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> Hi all,
> 2009/10/15 Dylan McCall <dylanmccall at>:
> >
> > PS: Yep, string freeze was approved. Don't worry about the livecd
> > translations freeze.
> we have been granted an exception, but how long is this exception? 1
> hour, 1 day or 1 week? This would be awesome information to know also
> for handling QA with translations.
> Another note: I've been translating the same strings in the upstream
> version, when were the PO files downloaded or synced with the Karmic
> release version? I see no translations for my language, nor
> suggestion... just to figure out why...
> Thanks.
> Ciao.

Sorry about the duplicate, Milo. Sending this to the list, too, since it
actually affects quite a few groups :)

Some translations were done ahead of time downstream. The pos for them
are available in the
lp:~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/translations branch. After the
new strings were uploaded to Karmic's package, I removed the
translations section from upstream since it was causing some confusion.

I will move the new pos from upstream, made after October 12, to
<>, so no need to duplicate that effort. I will check on the welcome.html and documentation.html pos, as well, to make sure they are all in sync.