Freeze exception request for ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu - Need feedback

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at
Tue Oct 13 22:45:25 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 00:17 +0300, Thanos Lefteris wrote:
> Is the slideshow part of the non language pack freaze in 1 day? Also
> the translations to be used are from the trunk translations or the
> source package ones? Currently for most languages, they have
> translated the source package, not trunk. See the difference:
> and
> . I think this is mainly because the source one has been in the
> templates priority wiki page :
> . So if the
> trunk version is the one to be used, maybe we should call translators
> to do the trunk as well? Or if the slideshow is not part of the first
> freeze, maybe they should wait till there is a new source package to
> translate?

Oh, I wish I had known about that one. I'm going to ask Evan about the
Ubuntu One slide he had filed an exception request for, but that's
pretty compelling reason to hold back any further pushes to main except
to update the pos. After all, changing the msgids won't produce anything
positive in this case... If it's as close as it appears, I'll just put
my pesky strings in Rosetta. Eat my own dogfood :)


More information about the ubuntu-translators mailing list