Kubuntu-docs into Rosetta?

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 28 16:42:07 UTC 2009

On Saturday 28 March 2009 05:22:38 Adi Roiban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> În data de Sb, 28-03-2009 la 00:37 +0800, Arne Goetje a scris:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > do you want to have Kubuntu-docs translatable in Rosetta for Jaunty?
> > Then I will approve the templates. They won't get exported into
> > language-packs though.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Arne
> >
> >From the translators point of view this should be OK.

Yes, I spoke with Arne yesterday and he took care of it for me.

> I think that we should sync with the ubuntu-docs team and see when they
> plan to update the ubuntu-docs, kubuntu-docs... translations.
>
> I know that Matthew East is handling the ubuntu-docs translations.
>
> Matthew, are you also handling the kubuntu/xubuntu/edubuntu-docs ?

I handle the translations on the Kubuntu docs and I believe Jim Campbell
handles them for the Xubuntu docs. As for the Edubuntu docs, I would probably
point at Jordan Mantha.

> Like Timo mentioned, handling ubuntu-docs translations requires an extra
> step of converting from .po fo .xml files. In case the xml tags from .po
> files are not valid the resulting .xml files will not be valid.
>
> If you need help, just let me know.
>
> In the following days I will update the ubuntu-docs error pages. If you
> think it is useful I can do the same for kubuntu-docs, xubuntu-docs...
> etc

Thanks for the offer. Maybe Jim would like some help with the Xubuntu docs?
Kubuntu docs are good to go.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  9554 2BCC 3AA2 3898 0939  56E7 3EC9 A39D 2E2C 0124