cups and cupsys confusion

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Mar 29 20:46:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

It looks like we have 2 templates for the same thing cups and cupsys:

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/cups/+pots/cups
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/cupsys/+pots/cups

It looks like the "cupsys" package is no longer used in Jaunty.

I took a  quick look at lang-pack and I could not see the cups.mo file .

Anyway, I think that all translations made in cupsys should be migrated
to cups.

We can ask someone else to do the migration or we can migrate the
translation ourselves.

As far as I know, the following languages should be migrated from cupsys
to cups:

English (United Kingdom)
Portuguese
Russian
Slovak

I'm still investigating this issues, so I just want to share this with
you (in case I get stuck :)

Cheers,
--
Adi Roiban