Translations for "Search" button

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Mar 18 02:32:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 16:31 -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
[snip]
> Hi, I've uploaded the code and opened tralsnations (I think).
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-start-page
>
> I haven't uploaded a corrected .pot file because the instructions say
> you can import an existing .pot file and existing translations in a
> zip file. Does someone feel like they'd be able to correct the .pot
> file and upload the existing translations (or at least just correct
> the .pot file)?
>
> I'm happy to either delegate authority of this or upload a zip file on
> behalf of someone.
Thanks!

Hi, I have updated and uploaded the POT file containing the "Search"
string.

The 9.04 start page in not available yet, but if you want to know where
those strings are located on the page (and what do they mean) you can
use the 8.10 start page http://start.ubuntu.com/8.10/

For the future I will try to generate the start page for all languages
with 100% translations so that we could test the start page.

Timo, is this OK ? Or do you see that we need to do something else in
order to assure a nice translation of the start page?

Cheers,
--
Adi Roiban