Translations for "Search" button

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri Mar 13 21:10:29 UTC 2009

În data de Vi, 13-03-2009 la 11:03 +0200, Timo Jyrinki a scris:
> Hi,
>
> Please add / check the translation for the Search button at bug
> #329367 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+bug/329367).
>
> I think that even though there would not be a proper infrastructure
> for the website start page translation for 9.04, though hopefully
> there will be, we should push the Search string translation through
> manually. It's by far the most visible I18N problem in Ubuntu and
> gives an amateurish look in eyes of many.
>
> I'm trying to push the issue a bit, and I have also offered one sort
> of fix for the scripts used to generate the start pages on the
> ubuntu-website mailing list, though it's ugly. If someone would know
> how to use gettext directly with ease, I think it should be fairly
> trivial to fix properly instead of battling with po2html/html2po
> software.
>
> -Timo
Hi Timo, Hi all :)

Many thanks for all your effort for solving this problem.
Indeed I would love to see the search button translated.

Instead of parsing a bugreport by hand and extract the information I was
thingking it would be much easier if we could create a POT file
containing all the string from the page, put it somewere in Launchpad
and link the bug to that template.

By doing this we will have all translations in the same format.

Danilo, do you think we can enable the translations of some PO files
without having a package?
Should we create a project for that?

Many thanks!
--