Upstream projects (Mozilla) and Ubuntu

Hung. NGUYEN Manh loveleeyoungae at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 10:07:42 BST 2009

 -----
Hùng. NGUYEN Manh

----- Original Message ----

Hi,

Thank you for clearing up many of our concerns.

And yes, could you please tell us more about these blacklist/whitelist stuffs? Because we have linked the ubuntu-l10n-vi team with the Vietnamese Translators Guidelines
to notify everyone about that, but there may be people who will not
read it and just proceed to translate the downstream packages. Moreover, the GNOME-vi coordinator has recently joined us. So we want to be
sure that, when there are already upstream projects for the Ubuntu distribution packages:
a) Only translations from upstream projects should be used.
b) Translations for the downstream packages on LP should never be used.

> So, if you want to provide official translations also for
> Firefox-3.0/Xulrunner-1.9, the Mozilla-vi team would need to produce a
> official XPI, then we can import that one for Karmic. Otherwise only the
> official 3.5 XPI will be available for Vietnamese.

Yes, before Karmic release, the MOST project will also need a FF-vi 3.0 version in 8.04.3 and for our Jaunty LiveCD built with Ubuntu Customization Kit (UCK). And well, we don't really have an official 3.0 XPI, but on Mozilla we still have one constantly synced with the official 3.5 XPI.
https://l10n.mozilla.org/narro/data/import/2/Firefox%203-vi.xpi

So, do you think that 3.0 XPI is fine?

Thanks :)