Gconf i18n issue

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 9 10:45:29 UTC 2009

Hola Juanje,

On dl, 2009-06-01 at 05:15 +0200, Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier wrote:
> Hi :-)
>
> I'm new in this list and I don't know if this is the right place for
> telling this but I think this is a problem that affect to all
> languages so you should know.

Welcome to the list! :) (and sorry about the delay in my reply)

> Following an issue[1] with the gnome-settings-daemon's actions, which
> was already reported by Ricardo I found the problem was a bit deeper.
> Actually the problem is that Gconf doesn't translate the descriptions
> for the keys. This affect to gnome-settings-daemon and make the
> gconf-editor non able to show the descriptions in the right language,
> but who knows to which others packages could this affect...
> Any application who take a text from a description of a gconf's key,
> will be affected.
>
> I've filled a bug[2] about it which explains better the problem and is
> linked with the upstream one.
>
> I hope this be the right place and you find this useful.
>
> Cheers :-)
>
> [1] http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/359247
> [2] http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/382274
> --
> Juanje

That's definitely the right place to report this, so that Ubuntu
translators are aware of these issues. Thanks.

The important thing in this case is to report the bug in LP, add the
i18n tag and link it to the upstream bug, since this has to be fixed in
GNOME upstream. I see you've already done all this.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella