Gconf i18n issue

Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier juanje.ojeda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 03:15:54 UTC 2009

Hi :-)

I'm new in this list and I don't know if this is the right place for
telling this but I think this is a problem that affect to all
languages so you should know.

Following an issue[1] with the gnome-settings-daemon's actions, which
was already reported by Ricardo I found the problem was a bit deeper.
Actually the problem is that Gconf doesn't translate the descriptions
for the keys. This affect to gnome-settings-daemon and make the
gconf-editor non able to show the descriptions in the right language,
but who knows to which others packages could this affect...
Any application who take a text from a description of a gconf's key,
will be affected.

I've filled a bug[2] about it which explains better the problem and is
linked with the upstream one.

I hope this be the right place and you find this useful.

Cheers :-)

[1] http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/359247
[2] http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/382274
--