Survey of l10n team communication tools

Jochen Skulj jochen at jochenskulj.de
Mon Jul 20 04:07:14 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 16.07.2009, 11:20 -0500 schrieb Evan R. Murphy:
> In the IRC meeting today, one topic discussed was the ways that
> localization teams manage their communication. Could a representative
> from each l10n team please reply to this thread explaining briefly (or
> not so briefly, if you like ;) how your team keeps in touch?

The German translators team uses a mailing list [1] and the wiki [2].
One of our most important communication tools is a kind of ToDo-List in
the wiki [3] which we use to coordinate our translation and QA tasks.
Beside this we document our guidelines, workflows and general
information in the wiki.

We also have a section in the German ubuntuusers.de-forum [4]. Here we
inform the users, answer question and a lot of users uses this section
to report translation bugs.

Currently we discuss using IRC, but we have no experience with this.

Cheers, Jochen

[1] https://eshu.ubuntu-eu.org/pipermail/translators-de/
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGermanTranslators
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGermanTranslators/Aufgaben/Karmic