Survey of l10n team communication tools

Mads Bille Lundby lundbymads at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 23:01:41 UTC 2009

Hi

In the Danish translation team we normally just use the general
mailing list of danskgruppen (Danish Team), which is used by a variety
of Danish FOSS translation groups, including KDE, Gnome, Xfce, Fedora
etc. We tag the mail header, e.g [Ubuntu], [Gnome] [KDE] and so on...
We try to guide new translators into the mailing list, when they start
making translation suggestions through Launchpad.

Translation instructions are available on the Danskgruppen wiki,
though the complexity of the instructions reflects the complexity of
the current challenges of Launchpad :-).

IRC is not used very much.

I do, however, like the idea of communicating more through the Danish
Ubuntu Forum, but when we try to recruit potential translators through
the forum, I get almost no replies.

/Mads Bille Lundby