Update: translation errors with msgids and msgstrs

Milo Casagrande milo at casagrande.name
Sun Jan 18 16:48:15 UTC 2009

Il giorno sab, 17/01/2009 alle 01.26 +0800, Arne Goetje ha scritto:
> Dear translators,
>
> for your convenience, here is the list of affected msgids, sorted by
> release and language code:
>
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~arne/langpack_errors/
>
> Please note, that these lists may contain false positives.

Everything fixed for Italian.

Just a couple of notes/questions:

- we found some strings in KDE packages with plural forms that we
suppose are c-format, but the *msgid* string is using something like
"1%" (in the singular) for saying "one percent" and the plural has a "%
n". Now, I don't know how KDE internals work, but shouldn't it be "1%%"
if it's a c-format string? The translation already there is correct
since it basically translate to "one percent" without the % sign. But,
since KDE looks like is using a "different" version of gettext, I really
don't know...
- what kind of test was used to give all those errors even with
no-c-format strings? Were no-c-format strings treated as c-format?

Cheers.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo at casagrande.name>