HEADS-UP! URGENT! Major problem with translations for Hardy and Intrepid.

Marcos marcos.alvarez.costales at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 15:31:02 UTC 2009

Hi!
I reviewed the Asturian (ast) translation.
It isn't a wrong files! :O The asturian files translation are fine!
Only the templates po_gnome-system-monitor-ast in Intrepid has errors by
next point 1.

But I found this bugs with the command
msgfmt -c file.po

1.- In Firefox more entries has this output:
_firefox-ast.po:28: duplicate message definition...
_firefox-ast.po:23: ...this is the location of the first definition

But... this isn't a error! :O
By example: Google is Google.

2.- In asturian we have 2 plurals, if we have translated only 1 plural,
when we download the template from Launchpad, the command say that exist
a wrong plural, because Launchpad not include in the downloaded template
the "msgstr[1] """, only include the translated msgstr[0].
I think is a Launchpad Bug :O

Can you confirm this, please? Thanks a lot!
Cheers!
Marcos.