HEADS-UP! URGENT! Major problem with translations for Hardy and Intrepid.

henning at ubuntu.com henning at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 16 08:52:51 UTC 2009

Am 16.01.2009 09:38, Bruno Patri schrieb:
> I've downloaded 2 files from rosetta (fr) : kcmlayout.po and kcmgreet.po. I
> didn't find any errors in the first one. There was an error at line 483
> although it's 562 in Arne's report....

The problem here is that if the original file was downloaded before this
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/173530
was fixed, it will now most  likely download in a different order, at
least as far as obsolete strings are concerned. So the line numbers do
not really help, if you download from Launchpad ... :-(

So the way would be to use msgfmt -c to find the current position of the
errors.

Henning