intrepid - ubuntu-docs translations errors

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri Jan 9 18:32:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

At the address below you should find the translations errors for
Intreprid ubuntu-docs

http://ubuntu-docs-stats.tla.ro/ubuntu-8.10/

Below is the list of languages with problems

ar -  (18 good / 1 bad)
de -  (17 good / 2 bad)
el -  (18 good / 1 bad)
es -  (18 good / 1 bad)
gl -  (17 good / 2 bad)
hu -  (18 good / 1 bad)
it -  (18 good / 1 bad)
ka -  (18 good / 1 bad)
lv -  (17 good / 2 bad)
ms -  (18 good / 1 bad)
nb -  (17 good / 2 bad)
nl -  (18 good / 1 bad)
nn -  (18 good / 1 bad)
pl -  (18 good / 1 bad)
pt_BR -  (14 good / 5 bad)
pt -  (18 good / 1 bad)
ru -  (13 good / 6 bad)
sl -  (18 good / 1 bad)
zh_CN -  (18 good / 1 bad)
zh_TW -  (18 good / 1 bad)

I will also add the HTML rendered page soon. Like the one used for the
Romanian documentation from here:
http://www.ubuntu.ro/documentatie/comunitate/Ubuntu-8.10

I will add a more complete status overview for the first page, adding
the  name of packages with problems, percentage of complete translations
and link to HTML files.

Right now all content is static and is generated by some simple bash
scripts. The only manual task is exporting Rosetta translations and
extracting them.

I will work at improving the rosetta import and I hope that for Jaunty
translation cycle, we can have more frequent updates for the rendered
XML and HTML files. In this way we can have a good feedback for the
translations work of ubuntu-docs in rosetta and I hope we can improve
the translation quality.

I'm happy to receive comments and suggestions.

Kindest regards,
--
Adi Roiban