Translations with bad formatting strings now disabled

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Thu Feb 5 09:03:54 UTC 2009

André Gondim wrote:
> I am working to solve the Brazilian Translation, but I don't find the error
> at klaptopdaemon, what is wrong in this string:
>
> #: laptop_daemon.cpp:559
> #, c-format
> msgid "1% left."
> msgid_plural "%n percent left."
> msgstr[0] "Restando 1%."
> msgstr[1] "Restando %n%."

These don't look like C-style format strings at all to me.  If this were
a C format string, each of these strings would be wrong.  So I'm
guessing this is some other formatting standard that ignores % if
followed by a space, and prints a number for %n.

So in this case, the bug is in the code or in the template (assuming it
still says "c-format") not in your translation.

> What is wrong at konversation.po in pt_BR po file?
>
> #: src/connectionmanager.cpp:212
> msgid "Trying to reconnect to %1 in %2 seconds."
> msgstr "Tentando reconectar em %1 em %2 esgundos"

This again is not a C-style formatting string, but some other format.
Maybe it was marked as c-format in the template when it should be using
some other format flag.

Jeroen