xulrunner

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Dec 9 16:13:21 UTC 2009

În data de Mi, 09-12-2009 la 12:23 +0100, Maldito Astur a scris:
> Hi,
> I've seen that there is a new template for xulrunner (xulrunner
> 1.9.1). But in Asturian language this template is empty (without
> translations). The "old" xulrunner was translated 100%  (lenght: 3821)
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+lang/ast/+index?start=1275&batch=300
>
> this is a direct link:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/xulrunner-1.9/+pots/xulrunner/ast/+translate
>
> And this is the new xulrunner 1.9.1 (lenght: 2051)
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+lang/ast/+index?start=0&batch=75
>
> I suppose that launchpad exported translations from
> xulrunner--->xulrunner 1.9.1 in the majority of languages, but for
> "ast" the export action, didn't work well....

Handling of Firefox and OpenOffice translations in Launchpad is still
problematic and it is recommended to work upstream as much as possible
(just like any other translation :)

Alexander Sack was managing the Firefox package.

For Firefox 3.5 (and xulrunner) he imported only the upstream
translations and were not merged with the previous Launchpad
translations.

Is xulrunner Asturian translation available upstream in the Mozilla
Project?

If Asturian translations are available upstream, they will be imported
with the next firefox / langauge-pack update

If they are not upstream, try to get the current xulrunner-1-9.jar from
Asturian lang-pack and work togheter with upstream translator to include
those translations upstream.
In these way, the translations will be available to all Firefox users:
Ubuntu, Windows, OXS, Debian, openSuse, etc ...

If you heed help, please let us know!

Cheers,

--
Adi Roiban