Translating Xubuntu in Urdu

Noumaan Yaqoob y.noumaan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 18:51:53 UTC 2009

Hi

@Adi: Thank you so much for the help. We are currently merging our old XFCE
translations with new ones from Upstream. But since there is no way to find
out which packages or templates need to be done for a complete Xubuntu
localization. I guess we will be relying on testing and translating.
@Faeez,
We will need your help with translations and testing.

I will keep all you guys posted. Right now I am thinking about these things
to do:
1. Merge templates and create a list of packages to be translated.
2. Recruit volunteers.
3. Create a Mailing list.
4. Distributing work among translators.
5. Testing teams.
6. Contacting Xubuntu developers when we are done to add Urdu in the
installer and change settings like default font, text direction and other
things.

Regards
Noumaan