request for release notes translations

Artur Szymanski arteek at wp.pl
Fri Apr 17 14:50:37 BST 2009

--------Oryginal Message---------:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> The Ubuntu 9.04 release candidate is coming up tomorrow, and efforts are
>> underway to flesh out the release notes so that our early adopters get
>> useful information when clicking that link from within the live CD
>> installer.  And a part of that is that we would like to have the release
>> notes translated as widely as possible.
>>
>> Draft release notes for Ubuntu 9.04 are available at
>> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyJackalope/ReleaseNotes>.  While these are not
>> yet final, I expect that all the issues documented there will be included in
>> the final release notes.
>>
>> Please use https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyJackalope/ReleaseNotes/<langcode>
>> for your translations, and coordinate with Matthew Nuzum
>> <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> (cc:ed), when you are ready to have these
>> translations linked from the Ubuntu website.

Hi

I'm wondering if string in Section "Recommended packages installed by
default" that reads "if you want to make this permanent, set
APT::Install-Recommends "false"; in /etc/apt/apt.conf." shouldn't be
change to "if you want to make this permanent, type sudo echo
"APT::Install-Recommends "false";" >> /etc/apt/apt.conf.
In my installation of 9.04 I have not /etc/apt/apt.conf file and
probably I had not it in my 8.10 as well.
Maybe I wrong and accidentaly I removed apt.conf file some time ago, so
I would like to ask you if this file should or not be in default
installation.

Thanks.

BR,
Artur