Errors in Ubuntu debian-installer translations

Jochen Skulj jochen at jochenskulj.de
Thu Apr 9 05:24:56 UTC 2009

Hello Colin,

Am Donnerstag, den 09.04.2009, 00:54 +0100 schrieb Colin Watson:
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 03:40:40PM +0200, Moritz Baumann wrote:
> > Colin Watson schrieb:
> > > I received a report today of a mistake in the German translation of
> > > debian-installer, which prompted me to check for other similar errors.
> > > When translating the installer, it is very important to make sure that
> > > text such as ${WORD} is preserved *exactly*.
> >
> > Should be fixed for German now. As far as I saw, those errors were all
> > produced by us. (It's hard to see the difference between "(" and "{"
> > when you just read through the suggestions and approve the good ones.)
>
> It was fixed, but now it's come back. Could you please re-educate
> whoever's approving this? :-)

I took a quick view at this issue and it seems to me that Launchpad
(suddenly?) handles the changes that Moritz made just as suggetions and
not as Current German. I really don't  know what reason caused this
change but I think that no one approved a different translation after
Moritz had fixed the bug.

Please excuse the trouble we may have caused you. I re-fixed the
inaccurate strings and hope that everything is fine now. Thanks for your
patience.

Cheers, Jochen
--
Jochen Skulj