KDE packages

Bruno Patri bruno.patri at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:17:52 UTC 2009

Le Friday 03 April 2009 20:55:06 Milo Casagrande, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> while looking at all the translatable packages in Launchpad my eyes got
> caught by some KDE packages that are without translations or with
> translations half done.
>
> Nothing new for a translation team, but the problem is that I and nobody
> in the Italian team that are KDE upstream translators know if those
> packages are coming from upstream, if they are coming from upstream but
> have been modified for Kubuntu or are Kubuntu specific.
>
> The one that really caught my eyes, and when I raised this issue, is
> system-config-printer-kde. I manually re-imported it because I knew it
> was fully translated upstream, but like for many other languages it is
> not.
>
> I'm linking some of those packages here:
>
> - system-config-printer-kde http://is.gd/qz6T
> - plasma-engine-systemmonitor http://is.gd/qztj
> - plasma-applet-networkmanager http://is.gd/qzua
> - plasma-applet-networkmanagement http://is.gd/qzzC
> - kpackagekit http://is.gd/qzBN (there is an upstream version of this
> package, but I can't find translations in it)
> - and others...

I've also noticed somme strange things with KDE templates. It seems that
there's duplicate templates :
networkmanager and networkmanagement ?
some *plasmoid* and *plasma-widgets* ?

Another strange thing is that desktop-kdebase has been split in multiple
files in Launchpad desktop-kdebase-workspace and others...

I had to import manually desktop-kdebase.po in each Launchpad template.

There's also a "kde4libs" template wich is names "kdelibs" upstream.

--
Bruno