No KDE upstream translations imported to Rosetta?

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Wed Sep 24 09:30:09 UTC 2008

Hi Erdal, Jannick,

У уто, 23. 09 2008. у 17:49 +0200, Erdal Ronahi пише:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Jannick Kuhr <jakuhr-linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I just noticed that we have now translation templates for Intrepid. So we have
> > about one month for translations. But even worse is, that at least for KDE no
> > translations have been imported. For german I know that KDE 4.1.1 is almost
> > completly translated, but in Rosetta we just have 50% translated strings,
> > probably the ones already existing in KDE3.
>
> There was no answer to this post from 10 days ago, bu I share the same
> concern. All the KDE translations for Kurdish are those which were
> already in Launchpad, nothing seems to have been imported from KDE 4
> upstream.

We are working on a solution.  KDE has changed the layout of their
translations, and our system wasn't ready for it.  At the same time, we
switched responsibilities around 4 months ago, and there was some
misunderstanding there so nobody raised the issue with us.  We are doing
a manual approval right now, and that should be done by the week's end
(i.e. everything should be both approved and imported).  And also
planning for catching this earlier in the future, and improving the
system.

Further official information on that later.  Sorry for not keeping you
in the loop.

Cheers,
Danilo