Translations from the debian-installer package

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Mon Oct 27 11:26:59 UTC 2008

Colin Watson wrote:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for this wonderful explanation.  One note:

> I would like this to be documented somewhere for translators, but I
> don't know where it should be documented. If you do, feel free to write
> it up and I can review it for accuracy.

The template descriptions in Launchpad would be a good place to start.

If you visit the templates' main pages, you should see an invitation to
provide descriptions:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/debian-installer/+pots/debian-installer

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/debian-installer/+pots/help

It's likely that these pages are the first ones that translators will
see for these templates, so they make reasonably good places for such
notices.

Jeroen