request for release notes translations

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at
Thu Oct 23 01:17:36 BST 2008

Hi folks,

With the Ubuntu 8.10 release candidate coming up, efforts are underway to
flesh out the release notes so that our early adopters get useful
information when clicking that link from within the live CD installer.  And
a part of that is that we would like to have the release notes translated as
widely as possible.

Draft release notes for Ubuntu 8.10 are available at
<>.  While these are not yet
final, I expect that all the issues documented there will be included in the
final release notes.

Please use<langcode> for your
translations, and coordinate with Matthew Nuzum
<matthew.nuzum at> (cc:ed), when you are ready to have these
translations linked from the Ubuntu website.

Ubuntu Developer
slangasek at                                     vorlon at