Current Intrepid translation issues page

Gabor Kelemen kelemeng at
Wed Oct 22 09:41:12 BST 2008

Jeroen Vermeulen írta:

> Also, I'm told that this particular translation is not done using
> gettext, so it's not clear that any translations from Launchpad would
> really be used by the package.  Definitive information about that welcome.

The definitive information: Launchpad definitely sucks with xml

The gweather location's translations are taken from an xml file, which
is filled with translations at compile time. Launchpad however doesn't
seem to export and put translations back to the sources before compiling
the package, so updated translations are not used at all if they should
go into xml files.

That affects lots of other packages, like xkeyboard-config[1],
compiz-fusion-plugins, gcompris, xscreensaver - just to name some. And
the .schemas files for gnome programs using gconf are xmls too.

Gabor Kelemen