Current Intrepid translation issues page

Kenneth Nielsen k.nielsen81 at
Wed Oct 22 09:18:16 BST 2008

2008/10/22 Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv at>:
> David Planella wrote:
>> based on Timo Jyrinki's recent e-mail encouraging translators to
>> report issues, I have created a page in the "TranslatingUbuntu" space
>> listing the current l10n problems on Intrepid ->
>> Please feel free to extend it, improve it or report any issues which
>> you think might affect all Ubuntu translation teams.
> Great initiative!  I added a note about what happened to the gweather
> ones: they were taking ages to import, blocking out other imports that
> were probably more important.
> Also, I'm told that this particular translation is not done using
> gettext, so it's not clear that any translations from Launchpad would
> really be used by the package.  Definitive information about that welcome.

What do you mean of it uses gettext files from lanuchpad. I have been
translating what looks like regular po-files for libgweather-locations
upstream in GNOME, so if that is any indication then I would think
that it uses gettext.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen