new strings in ubuntu-docs

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Thu Oct 16 13:58:23 UTC 2008

Matthew East wrote:

> Ok, fine. I've noticed that the queue has 1115 po files marked as
> "Failed": these look like the po files which were uploaded with the
> ubuntu-docs package. Any idea why these failed?

Most of them simply didn't have the revision dates in their headers
updated, which should mean they had no changes.  It's not necessarily a
real failure, but it's reported as one on the assumption that it may be
a mistake.  Once a file has been imported successfully, its entry is
cleaned up.

The rest are "string not terminated" cases.  These are usually from
carriage returns inside quotes: whether we should read those as newlines
depends on the platforms of the people who edited the file, but
apparently there's one platform out there that uses both line feed *and*
carriage return, confusing everybody.  I guess on a regular platform
it's easy to insert a closing quote between the two by accident.

Here they are, with the location of the first error:

Template		Lang	Line
about-ubuntu		el	103
about-ubuntu		ka	46
about-ubuntu		pl	191