Duplicate document for Italian?

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Mon Oct 13 09:41:05 UTC 2008

Hi Matthew, Milo,

У суб, 11. 10 2008. у 14:45 +0100, Matthew East пише:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Milo Casagrande
> <milo_casagrande at yahoo.it> wrote:
> > https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/ubuntu-docs/+pots/about-ubuntu/it_IT/+translate
> >
> > The problem is that there's also this one:
> >
> > https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/ubuntu-docs/+pots/about-ubuntu/it/+translate
>
> I think this is a Launchpad issue, someone has started a translation
> for it_IT... You should contact the Launchpad admins to remove
> localisation for it_IT on the basis that the "it" locale is the
> standard one.

Not actually an issue in Launchpad. We generally hide such 'locales',
but in certain cases, they are there and expected to be translated.

Most prominent example is libgweather-locations which uses translations
for setting a default location for gweather-applet (has stuff like
"es_MX", "es_AR" etc, even if only "es" is usually used for
translations). There might be others. This is the reason why we need to
allow such translations.

The user probably hacked URL to get to the page and then added some
translations, simply because he's not a member of the Ubuntu Italian
translation group.

If you want this removed, please file a ticket on
answers.launchpad.net/rosetta so we don't forget about it.

Cheers,
Danilo