ubuntu-docs updates for translation into Intrepid

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Thu Oct 9 09:43:51 UTC 2008

Matthew East wrote:

> The queue hasn't decreased at all since my last post, it's now at 1174
> following a few manual uploads.

That's because of their place in the overall queue.  There are still a
bit over 3,000 files in front of the first ubuntu-docs uploads, so it'll
be at least another day before the importer gets to those.  I've been
asked to prioritize debian-installer as well, though I believe those
will go through pretty quickly.

> What concerns me the most is that a large number of pot templates have
> not been imported, so even translators working through the interface
> and not relying on imports cannot work with the latest English
> documents. What that means I think is that translation of ubuntu-docs
> is pretty much a write off for this release.

[...]

> I would have thought that pot templates should be given priority over
> po templates in the queue.

There is a problem with that: it means that people start translating
without seeing what work is already done but waiting for import.  So you
could end up with the same translation effort going into much less
useful things.

Jeroen