Launchpad: Help for new translators

Milo Casagrande milo_casagrande at yahoo.it
Tue Aug 19 10:49:36 BST 2008

Il giorno lun, 18/08/2008 alle 23.23 +0200, Kenneth Nielsen ha scritto:

> Upstream/downstrean problematics. It is imperative to make new
> translators aware that the packages the are interested in, perhaps are
> mainly translated somewhere else and give them some hint about how to
> find where.

There's already something in h.l.n:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/

almost at the end of the page.

Anyway, I think that, if the document is as general as possibile, and
not related to translation groups, but to new people approaching
Launchpad for freely translate, this is not imperative: this is
something that the translation groups must be aware of and they have to
tell new people entering the group.

The upstream/downstream thing is more related to the translation groups,
if a project is freely translatable in Launchpad it does not apply that
much.

I'm completely with you when you say that they should be aware of the
distinction, but this is something that, for me, has to be done mainly
within the translation groups (in the Italian team I probably stress a
lot about this and I always try to convince people going upstream and
help there too).

Bye! :)

--
Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande at yahoo.it>