Documentation for Gutsy (string freeze exception request)

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:45:53 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

A number of bugs have recently been reported against the ubuntu-docs
package for Gutsy [1]. The issues range from small typos to more serious
issues where the instructions are incorrect due to recent UI changes, or
where links are incorrect. There is also a need to insert a link to a
wiki page for restricted-manager.

Fixing these bugs will require several small string changes in several
different files in the ubuntu-docs package. None of the bugs are
critical, although it would be of great benefit to fix at least some of
the more serious issues before release.

Because making string changes at this point will affect the translations
of the documentation, I'd like to ask for your permission to make the
necessary changes. Ideally, we'd fix all of the bugs and upload updated
translation templates by Friday/Saturday.

Please let me know whether it's OK to make the proposed changes, and
sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - http://preview.tinyurl.com/25jld5