Feisty string freeze: new ubiquity strings

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 28 11:44:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've added a few strings to ubiquity (Rosetta will display them under
the debian-installer package in Feisty) for my next upload. I felt that
this justified breaking the string freeze as the extra error handling in
this case fixes a large number of reported bugs - I've found around 30
instances of it so far, and haven't even got through everything.

If you want to get a head-start, the new strings are as follows:

#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../ubiquity.templates:86001
msgid "Error while installing packages"
msgstr ""

#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../ubiquity.templates:86001
msgid "An error occurred while installing packages:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: error
#. Description
#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../ubiquity.templates:86001 ../ubiquity.templates:87001
msgid "The following packages are in a broken state:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: error
#. Description
#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../ubiquity.templates:86001 ../ubiquity.templates:87001
msgid ""
"This may be due to using an old installer image, or it may be due to a bug "
"in some of the packages listed above. More details may be found in /var/log/"
"syslog. The installer will try to continue anyway, but may fail at a later "
"point, and will not be able to install or remove other packages (possibly "
"including itself) from the installed system. You should first look for newer "
"versions of your installer image, or failing that report the problem to your "
"distributor."
msgstr ""

#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../ubiquity.templates:87001
msgid "Error while removing packages"
msgstr ""

#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../ubiquity.templates:87001
msgid "An error occurred while removing packages:"
msgstr ""

(The .templates file has a couple of ${...} substitutions that go after
the three strings above that end in colons; I've marked these
untranslatable.)

Thanks,