Translators breaking documentation

Robin Sonefors ozamosi at flukkost.nu
Mon Oct 23 16:10:25 UTC 2006

tor 2006-10-19 klockan 12:49 +0200 skrev Krzysztof Lichota:
> Matthew East napisaƂ(a):
> >
> > No - this mailing list is for Ubuntu and Kubuntu. You were referring to
> > an upstream use of entities, I was clarifying that my post referred to
> > Ubuntu/Kubuntu, not upstream documentation.

If I understand this correctly, Krzysztof needs to have 3 different ways
to write Konqueror. The same "problem" should apply to kubuntu-docs, as
well as ubuntu-docs (if we assume that konqueror isn't the only
application that needs three forms). This should thus be a very real
issue in the ubuntu documentation as well as in the KDE.

> As I said, I suspect you will want to put KDE documentation into
> Rosetta, like it was done with GUI translations. And I prefer to warn in
> advance to make you aware of the problems, in order to avoid bugs like
> the bug https://launchpad.net/products/rosetta/+bug/46982, which spoils
> the whole translation work. BTW. It is 4,5 month after Dapper release
> and this bug is still not fixed! :/

> > https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/edgy/+source/kubuntu-docs
> > https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/edgy/+source/xubuntu-docs
>
> They are not listed on Edgy translations page:
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/edgy/+lang/pl/+index?start=0&batch=1300

They are. That page, however, list the individual templates.
kubuntu-docs is a package. What you should be looking for is therefore
desktopguide (there are three of them, so you need to make sure that
you'll get the kubuntu one), aboutkubuntu and kreleasenotes.