Availability of Debian-Installer templates for Dapper

Jordi Mallach jordi at canonical.com
Tue Mar 28 16:14:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 05:02:38PM +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> Given that Debian is the upstream for this package, aren't the
> translations from Debian merged automatically, leaving the only strings
> which need translating as the ones which Ubuntu modifies.

That's right, Colin pulls from Debian's svn periodically, but UVF came
in, so the last update is from before that point in the release cycle.
Some languages will have little to win, but others (like Catalan) did
improve a lot after UVF.

There's still a moderate number of Ubuntu-specific strings that won't be
in debian's svn at all.

Also, note I mentioned the deadline for the langpacks. This is wrong, as
debian-installer does not use langpacks. Any translation submitted after
May 18 will be late for Dapper.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/