Translations of .desktop files?

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 9 16:03:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 03:17:29PM +0100, Ernst Persson wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

> there's two problems here:
>
> 1) gnome-app-install and update-manager are not available in launchpad
> for translation.

Yes, dapper is not open yet for translation. It will be opening in the
next few weeks, then everything will be available in rosetta.

> 2) the .desktop-files for those programs are translated in gnome's
> cvs, which I was told is the upstream source for these.

Sorry, we moved away from gnome-cvs a while ago because it's way
easier to maintain the code with bzr. It really speeds up development,
especially if contributors are not having (write) access to gnome
cvs. I will merge the latest translations

> Is there a 3:rd place (not gnome-cvs, not launchpad) where the
> translations should go?

If you already want to start translating, please take the latest
versions of g-a-i and u-m via bzr:
$ bzr get http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/bzr/gai--main/
$ bzr get http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/bzr/update-manager--mvo/

I'm happy to include the translations into my branch and my regular
uploads.

Cheers,
 Michael