Translations of .desktop files?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 9 07:20:17 UTC 2006

Hi Ernst!

Ernst Persson [2006-02-09  6:56 +0100]:
> I'm starting to get worried about the subject of translated desktop files again.
> There are several desktop files in Dapper that wasn't (completely)
> translated in Breezy even, but has translations in their upstream
> .desktop files!
> [...]
> The last minute call for putting it in the wiki at the end of the
> Breezy release cycle didn't work very well, how will it work for
> Dapper?

Dapper has been changed to use language packs for .desktop file
translations, so it became much easier, and translations can even be
added post-release. So the best option is to just translate stuff in
Rosetta.

I hope that we can get Rosetta translations into the Dapper language
packs in the next week, so that these updates will actually be
visible.

Thanks,

Martin

--