[உபுண்டு தமிழகம்]modem instalation reg.

Ram Kumar ramkumar.ka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:45:13 BST 2007

friend,

I dont have experience for the particular modem what you said, but with
Huwavay modem. Probaly the driver CD has come with modem, is there any
driver avaliable for linux kernal 2.6.x? if yes, check for installation
procedure in the CD itself.

Also I hope that your modem will support both USB and Ethernet port. Am
suggesting to go for Ethernet interface, because installing USB in linux is
a little bit difficult. please check the link
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=550600&highlight=install+modem

Previously i had realtek ethernet card and it was not detected by Ubuntu,
finally i purchase D-Link 520TX card (Rs.330 /-) and it is working as
breeze.

regards,
ramkumar k.a.