[Bug 617823] Re: Add apport bug reporting support in sugar
brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 17 18:30:34 BST 2010
** Tags added: patch
Add apport bug reporting support in sugar
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sugar
Team, which is subscribed to sugar-0.88 in ubuntu.
Status in “sugar-0.88” package in Ubuntu: In Progress
Binary package hint: sugar-emulator-0.88
Description: Ubuntu maverick (development branch)
Package version: 0.88.1-2ubuntu1
Add apport bug reporting support in sugar-automatic crash reporting and little icon in the frame to report bugs.
Apport is a system which
* intercepts crashes right when they happen the first time,
* gathers potentially useful information about the crash and the OS environment,
* can be automatically invoked for unhandled exceptions in other programming languages
* can be automatically invoked for other problems that can be automatically detected (e. g. Ubuntu automatically detects and reports package installation/upgrade failures from update-manager),
* presents a UI that informs the user about the crash and instructs them on how to proceed,
* is able to file non-crash bug reports about software, so that developers still get information about package versions, OS version etc.
More information about the Ubuntu-sugarteam