[Bug 617823] Re: Add apport bug reporting support in sugar
neeraj at seeta.in
Fri Sep 17 17:55:51 BST 2010
For making this patch using quilt, I followed these steps:-
1.a Added module-bug-buddy.py in data/icons folder
1.b Correspondingly I have modified the data/icons/Makefile.am (added info about module-bug-buddy.py)
2. Added a new folder named "reportbug" in extensions/cpsection
* .Added _init_.py file, model.py and view.py file
* Added extensions/cpsection/reportbug/Makefile.am
* Modified the extensions/cpsection/Makefile.am (added sub dir report bug)
3. Modify the src/jarabe/controlpanel/gui.py file
4. Make changes in the gui.py file.
5. Made changes in configure.ac file accordingly.
6. quilt shell (enter) "autoreconf -i" (enter) exit
** Patch added: "Patch for adding Report Bug Feature."
Add apport bug reporting support in sugar
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sugar
Team, which is subscribed to sugar-0.88 in ubuntu.
Status in “sugar-0.88” package in Ubuntu: In Progress
Binary package hint: sugar-emulator-0.88
Description: Ubuntu maverick (development branch)
Package version: 0.88.1-2ubuntu1
Add apport bug reporting support in sugar-automatic crash reporting and little icon in the frame to report bugs.
Apport is a system which
* intercepts crashes right when they happen the first time,
* gathers potentially useful information about the crash and the OS environment,
* can be automatically invoked for unhandled exceptions in other programming languages
* can be automatically invoked for other problems that can be automatically detected (e. g. Ubuntu automatically detects and reports package installation/upgrade failures from update-manager),
* presents a UI that informs the user about the crash and instructs them on how to proceed,
* is able to file non-crash bug reports about software, so that developers still get information about package versions, OS version etc.
More information about the Ubuntu-sugarteam