Ready for another round of testing

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 29 00:15:28 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 5:38 AM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> A reminder to all users including myself: don't run multiple
>>> sugar-emulators at the same time.  That's what caused that traceback.
>>> Maybe some error handling could help somehow.  Sorry about that.
>>>
>>> OK, now sugar-emulator works ok, but I only get three Activities:
>>> Write, Etoys and Log.
>>
>> This one is fixed there should be a basic set of packages installed in
>> /usr/share/sugar/activities.
>
> /usr/share/sugar/activities only has the three I mentioned on my machine.

You might have to wait until morning and do and apt-get update;
apt-get upgrade .

It looks like the PPA build queue  is 12 hours.  The new builds won't
be available until morning.  You can check their status at
https://launchpad.net/~sugarteam/+archive/0.86/+packages .  I don't
think they get pushed to the public repo until all of the build are
done.

>> Anything installed or updated from within sugar should be saved in ~/activities.
>>
>>> Function keys aren't working either, a bit annoying but the workaround
>>> is the frame.
>>
>> Looking into this now
>
> Cool!  Thanks David.  Do you use IRC?  I've been idling in
> #ubuntu-sugarteam just hoping someone like you would show up.  :-)
> I don't always look at the activity going on in there but I always try
> to read what's been happening.  My log shows no activity since Oct
> 17th.

I don't use IRC very much.  I get too distracted.

Found the fix to the hotkeys issue.  Need to figure out cdbs and
upload the patch.

Thanks for pushing forward
david