0.83 packages for Jaunty?

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Thu Dec 4 20:51:43 GMT 2008

> Please do file bugs against 0.82 in intrepid, as we need to support
> that by fixing the bugs if possible... If you want to play with 0.83,
> sugar-jhbuild is the best way for now. I do plan to get 0.83 into a
> (different) PPA at some point in the near future.

I have tinkered with sugar-jhbuild, but to be honest this is a major
headache for me as my poor little hardware can't really compile
efficiently and it doesn't give a firm version number on which to report
bugs against.

I have done a fair amount of work on understanding/getting a LiveCD image
together and feel that this is a good way to get more people to see the
0.83 interface. Currently size is around 300MByte which is a bit beyond my
crappy hosting, but once Gnome dependencies are sorted out this should
drop significantly.

I'll look forward to a Jaunty PPA. Do you have a guestimate ETA? BTW why
does it have to be different, should the Jaunty archive just point to the
newer packages?

Mungewell.