0.83 packages for Jaunty?

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:30:18 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 22:25,  <simon at mungewell.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Since I couldn't find any statement on the state of things I thought I
> would ask..... When can we expect '.deb' packages for the 0.83? Is anyone
> working on this?
>
> From what I can gather from
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Release/Releases/Sucrose/0.83.2
> tarballs have been available since Nov 21 and the next release 0.83.3 will
> be next week some time.
>
> I am happy to file bugs against 0.82, but a large amount of functionality
> has changed and posting against old code seems like a bit of a waste of
> developer resource.
>
> Basically, do we have a plan?
> Mungewell.

The original intention was to wait for debian to package 0.83 in
unstable, and then sync it across. We want to release with 0.84 in
jaunty, which will be quite tight concerning the two release
schedules, but doable because 0.84 will release before jaunty.

Since debian's not updating to 0.83 but staying on 0.82 at this stage,
we need to check their plan and consider moving to 0.83 ourselves and
making our changes available back to them.

Please do file bugs against 0.82 in intrepid, as we need to support
that by fixing the bugs if possible... If you want to play with 0.83,
sugar-jhbuild is the best way for now. I do plan to get 0.83 into a
(different) PPA at some point in the near future.

Regards
Morgan