[ubuntu-studio-users] Date formats gone wrong in 18.04

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Fri May 3 15:19:25 UTC 2019

Hi David,

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 7:49 AM, David King <linuxman at avoura.com> wrote:
> I recently upgraded from Ubuntu Studio 16.04 to 18.04. Some things
> got reset and need changing back to how I want.
>
> I want the calendar to start on Sunday, and managed to get that done
> by editing en_GB locale file, making first weekday = 1.
>
> But, now in all other programs, the date formats are in US format,
> e.g. May 03, 2019; but I want them back to the UK format of 3 May
> 2019.
>
> Despite the en_GB locale file seeming to have all the right settings,
> I am now stuck with dates in US format, which is hard to read, e.g.
> 05/03/19 -- is that 5th of March or 3rd of May?
>
> So how can I get it have Sunday as first day of week, and all date
> formats in UK format (as it all was back in 16.04)?

I'm not sure how to answer this, but I can tell you that there was
nothing substantially modified between 16.04 and 18.04 in terms of
configuration, so there might be a configuration discrepency in your
~/.config folder.

My recommendation to you is to ask this question on AskUbuntu
(askubuntu.com) to get as many eyeballs as possible on this. There's a
good chance that somebody ran into the same issue and figure it out.
AskUbuntu is for all flavors of Ubuntu, including Ubuntu Studio and
Xubuntu, which are the two that use Xfce by default.

There's also a good chance someone in this mailing list figures it out
too!

I did, however, see that you posted this same question in the Facebook
group, and since that's not a technical support forum but rather a
collaboration and artistic forum, I will be closing it for comments.

Best regards,
Erich
----
Erich Eickmeyer