[ubuntu-studio-users] ubuntu-studio-users Digest, Vol 115, Issue 6

Lawrence H. Bulk lhbcomm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:27:53 UTC 2016

Dear Sir:

If you wish to use the advanced VLC nightly build (the more advanced VLC
Daily Build of Master Branch which is what I use - and I have had no
troubles at all with it), type or copy the following into the command line:

*sudo add-apt-repository ppa:videolan/master-daily*

Wait until command is completed then type:

*sudo apt-get update*

and then, after the updating is completed, type:

*sudo apt-get install vlc*

You will then have VLC 3.0 installed onto your computer and the
"latest and greatest" improvements will be installed almost every time
you update your computer. As is obvious, VLC updates the program
almost every night

and normal updates install the updated program to your computer
without you having to do anything extra.

VLC claims that they will not support the nightly build program and
that it might "break" for a day or two but, in well over two years, as
I stated, I have never had a problem with it.

Good luck!

Lawrence