[ubuntu-studio-users] How do I tell whether my USB Live Install of 16.04 Studio 64 bit is the beta, the RC or the release? Can't remember if I put the release on it or not...

Thomas Pfundt tux at pfundtdesign.de
Tue Jun 21 19:36:44 UTC 2016

Hey Devon,

I assume by launcher you mean a smaller panel that is automatically
hidden when the pointer is not hovering over it?

I can roughly remember that there might have been one by default until
15.10. In 16.04, you just get the main panel with the whisker menu at
the top automatically. However, you may just add another panel in the
preferences (enter the "panel"-settings with the mouse icon, then click
on the green plus) and drag it to the bottom or wherever you want to to
be. Then also set it to hide always in the drop-down menu and you can
add all objects to it that you want to.

Kind regards,
Thomas