[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntustudio-controls won't start

Set Hallström sakrecoer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:33:10 UTC 2015

Thanks for your insights, Ralf :)

I remembered that i had a look in the ubuntustudio-controls way back, on
11.10 maybe... and that there was some settings for firewire. The machine
mentioned in OP where the controls wouldn't start, is a fresh install of
14.04. A test/office Machine with no firewire.

Today i started my production machine, which has been upgraded from 13.04.
(yeah... i know its not the best maybe...but it operates fine) This machine
has a firewire card with a terratec phase88 rack running with ffado. It's
operating perfectly. But there are no ubuntustudio-controls to be found on
this machine?

I'm confused about this. Could anyone explain to me what these controls are
used for? Is this something deprecated that has found its way back?

--
Set Hallström
AKA