[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntustudio-controls won't start

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:16:35 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-16 11:10, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Anyway, distros that by default come
> without a root account should prefer "gksudo" over "gksu". Likely
> somebody planed to switch to "pkexec" for the menu entry and has
> forgotten to do it. Is gpared in the menu? If so, what happens if you
> start gparted? Watching the menu entries with Alacarte or another menu
> editor might be interesting. Is "gksu" used for all entries, that need
> root privileges?
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Thank you Ralf!
I thought gksu was the same as gksudo... none of them seem to be
installed. But yes, gparted starts and ask me for the root pass, in a
way i would identify as gksudo does, minus the greyed-out background...
but after checking it seems i have pkexec installed. so i'm guessing the
ubuntustudio-controls haven't been adjusted to the change?

--
Set Hallstrom
AKA Sakrecoer