[ubuntu-studio-users] looking for a secure and private linux distro, with the following . . .

Jimmy Sjölund jimmy at sjolund.se
Fri Jun 26 10:58:51 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as i can remember using debian based Linux (not so far, 2009)
> every single distro i have used "worked out of the box". There was once
> this exotic motherboard with funky new ethernet. But the next kernel
> fixed included it....

It comes down to the hardware you have available. Debian Jessie was the
first Debian release where I didn't have to go through hoops to get the
wifi working. However, I still needed to get restricted drivers to get
correct resolution on my ATI graphic card, so not entirely out-of-the-box
for me (yet). With any *buntu I've tried everything was out-of-the-box, but
to get some extra functionality I had to install ATI drivers but not to
"fix" the resolution.