[ubuntu-studio-users] looking for a secure and private linux distro, with the following . . .

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:31:24 UTC 2015

As far as i can remember using debian based Linux (not so far, 2009)
every single distro i have used "worked out of the box". There was once
this exotic motherboard with funky new ethernet. But the next kernel
fixed included it.... The switch from OSX/windows wasn't "easy", but it
was much simpler than i anticipated. And the community is awesome, so
exploring the possibilities and alternatives is a real pleasure. When
you need assistance, you get to talk to humans. Not some stressed out,
under-payed and coffee over-/under-kicked robot with a ticking time counter.

Ubuntu default (or whatever it should be called) is not that much of my
tea cup either. Simply because I just can't live with the idea of having
amazone built-in my machine. I recommend Xubuntu. If my dad can install
and run it, so can most people. :)

--
Set Hallstrom