[ubuntu-studio-users] Trying to update 14.04.1 to 14.10

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 25 14:07:58 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-10-25 at 06:59 -0700, leo wrote:
> Backup back up backup.

So Mike, Leo and Ralf confirm with this: Backup!

We seemingly go conform regarding release upgrades too.
My main disro is a rolling release. Using a rolling release you need to
to care a lot on your own about what's happening. The one release
follows another release approach is easier to maintain for the user, but
I've got doubts that maintainers can care about all issues that come
with upgrading from one to another release. IMO it's safer to do a fresh
install, instead of upgrading from one to another release.